Last update: July 21, 2019
HOW TO CONTACT US
Buzon may collect information concerning the type of Internet Browser you use, the type of computer or operating system you use, your IP address, the speed of your connection, the domain name of your Internet service provider, the geographic location of where you are accessing our services and / or the Website or propaganda from where you connected to our Website. Once you have registered with us, we also track and collect information about you including your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, and the patterns you followed when using our Website, such as the pages of the Website you visited, searches that led, and the time you spent on our Website. If you decide to contact us, we may keep a history of your correspondence.
Why do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in order to provide and improve our Services, to comply with legal obligations and to advertise our Services and to keep our Services safe and secure. Please find below how we use your personal information specifically and on what legal grounds we base the use of your personal information.
Activities & purposes
- Service: the most important reason for using your personal information is, of course, to offer you our Services as mentioned in our Terms of Service, for example to create or visualize your Content or share your ideas and to let you access and use your Content across different devices.
- Support: we provide a wide range of support services to help you out whenever you’re in need, for instance when you need technical assistance. If it’s needed to offer support, the Support-team can, on your request, access your Content in order to help you out.
- Account & billing: creating and upholding your personal account for example to facilitate your address book and to enable you to access your Content across different devices, facilitating payment of your subscription fee and perform accounting, auditing & billing activities.
- Improvement & development: we evaluate the use of our Services to improve our Services, fix bugs, develop new products and services. We do this either by market research (for instance by sending out surveys) or by performing analyses (for example by tracking and bringing together your personal information across our Services or across your mobile devices). We do this in order to understand how our user base as a whole interacts with our Services, but also to review the effect of our advertisements and to improve those Services and advertisements accordingly.
- Marketing, advertisement & communication: we use your personal information for marketing and (interest based) advertising for instance by using SDKs or cookies, as well as communication. Think updates on new Services, but also personalised advertisements of Buzon or our partners, which we can serve on our or third party websites. In order to find the right audience for these advertisements we will look at certain segments of people. For instance, people who use similar Services as ours, people who share the same characteristics as our current users or people within a certain geo-location, such as the Amsterdam area. In order to connect with our target audience, we might use sequential messaging, which is basically a form of storytelling: each time you interact with our Services on a different device, you may receive a slightly different ad in a different form, but the ads are part of the same story. Moreover, based on the way you interact with our Services through your devices, we might promote one of our (other) Services or features. Finally, we enable you to engage in any (personalised) actions, promotions or events we offer.
- Legal: in so far as necessary, we might use your personal information to defend Buzon in legal proceedings in relation to or as a result of your use of our Services, following a court order, abiding by any law, regulation or governmental request, cooperating with law enforcement, cooperating in fraud investigations of third parties, safeguarding national security, defense, public security, and to uphold our Terms of Services.
Each processing activity has a valid legal ground, which is described below.
- Contractual obligations with you: regarding the activities and purposes mentioned under 1, 2 and 3. We need to process personal information to offer our Services through our websites and mobile apps, to provide (technical) support and to bill your subscription fee.
- Legal obligations: regarding the activities and purposes under 3, 4 and 7. We’re legally obliged to process your personal information for accounting purposes, to respond to legal requests and NTD- or DMCA-requests.
- Consent: (partially) regarding activities and purposes mentioned under 2 (e.g. accessing your Content for support) and 6, except when we communicate direct marketing in relation to our own and similar Services to you as a paid user.
- Legitimate interests: (partially) regarding activities and purposes under 1 & 3 (e.g. to provide cross device access). For the purposes mentioned under 4 in order to provide safe Services, to prevent fraud and react against illegal use of our Services. For our innovative interests as mentioned under 5. And finally for our (direct) marketing, brand interests under 6 and legal & compliance interests as stated under 7. When we use your personal information based on our or a third party’s legitimate interest, we will make sure to balance your rights and freedoms against said legitimate interest. If, to the extent applicable, you wish to object to the activities based on our legitimate interest and there’s no opt-out available in your account settings or received communication, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
When you visit our Website or click on any hyperlink that appears on it, or use one or more of our services, we may use an industrial technology called "cookies" which stores certain information on your computer and that will allow us to customize your experience to align it with your interests and preferences or simply facilitate your access when using our services. Most browsers will allow you to delete or block "cookies" from your computer or your hard drive or alert them when they are activated..
Buzon takes technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information against loss or other forms of unlawful processing.
We make sure that personal information is only accessible by those who need access to do their job and that they are properly authorised. That means we keep logs of who has access to personal information, we limit the amount of people that have access and we make sure that personal information can only be read, copied, modified or removed by properly authorised staff. We monitor internal activity to ensure the safety and accuracy of personal information. Buzon staff is required to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the company’s guidelines regarding confidentiality, ethics, and appropriate usage of personal information. Staff is required to sign a confidentiality agreement. During an upload, while it's stored on our servers and during a download, Content is encrypted and only sent over a secure connection (https). The servers we use to store your Content for you are GDPR compliant and secure.